To Our Patients at Santa Monica Dermatology Group:
We hope that this message finds you well, along with your loved ones. With guidance from the local government and medical community, we are now slowly reopening our office. Our phones are back on (310-829-4484), and someone will be able to schedule an appointment for you.
In order to ensure the safety of our patients, our staff, and the doctors, we have instituted the following measures:
1. We plan to operate at less than half capacity so as to ensure adequate social distancing. Our staff will be cleaning the examination rooms and door handles between each patient visit.
2. Patients must come to their appointment wearing a mask. Our staff will be wearing masks at all times and gloves will be worn for all patient contact.
3. We will require that patients stand at least 6 feet apart during check in / check out and while in the waiting room. We ask that all patients come to their appointments alone; only caretakers or a minor patient's parent are permitted to accompany patients into our office.
4. At the time of scheduling, we will screen patients for symptoms of Covid-19 such as fever, cough, and exposure to anyone with a Covid-19 infection. We will ask again upon arrival for your appointment. Please do not come to the office if you have any of these symptoms or have been exposed to anyone who has these symptoms or has tested positive for Covid-19.
5. If you have an urgent question or concern and don’t wish to come into our office for any reason, please access one of our doctors through Health Lens at: https://healthlens.com/referral?group=santa-monica-dermatology-group. We encourage acne and follow-up Accutane patients to use this platform as much as possible during the next month, so that we can reserve office visits for conditions that require an in-office visit.
6. As a general policy, we will not be providing any cosmetics treatments during the month of May and likely into June as well.
We look forward to seeing you.
Drs. Colman, Litak, Mednik, Reager, Schmidt, and Smith