Posts for: June, 2019
How your dermatologists in Santa Monica, CA, can help you have clear skin!
Acne isn’t just unsightly, it can also cause pain, reduce self-esteem, lower self-confidence, and even leave scars after it goes away! Fortunately, your dermatologist has several effective ways to treat your unique acne issues. Here at Santa Monica Dermatology Group in Santa Monica, CA, our team of skin doctors can help you have the clear, beautiful skin you've always wanted!
More about acne
Acne doesn’t discriminate—it can affect both teenagers and adults, afflicting them both with ugly blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, and pustules. If acne goes untreated, it can also result in permanent, ugly scarring. Accordingly, the best way to treat acne is by consulting with a professional dermatologist.
Here at Santa Monica Dermatology Group, your dermatologist may recommend:
- Topical and oral antibiotics to eliminate the bacteria which cause acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid products to help unblock clogged pores; these are helpful for cases of mild acne.
- Isotretinoin which unblocks pores; this treatment is often used for cases of severe acne and to eliminate painful cystic acne.
Lifestyle and diet play a huge part in acne formation, as well. You can reduce acne breakouts by following a healthy lifestyle, including:
- Maintaining a healthy diet that avoids greasy, fatty foods, and dairy products
- Exercising regularly, for sweating helps eliminate the toxins from your body
- Staying hydrated, for drinking water helps eliminate acne-causing toxins
- Using non-comedogenic, oil-free makeup to keep your pores clear
Our dermatologists not only treat acne, but acne scarring, as well. At our Santa Monica office, we offer several options to get rid of scarring, including laser treatment, chemical peels, dermal fillers, and skincare products to help your skin stay smooth and clear.
To read more detailed information about acne and acne treatment, please visit the acne section on our website at https://www.santamonicadermatologygroup.com/library/3901/Acne.html
Give us a call!
To get started on the road to clearer skin, call the dermatologists at Santa Monica Dermatology by dialing (310) 829-4484.